Sunday, 15 February 2015

Fitness Motivation







Hello,

I've seen quite a few comments on my previous fitness posts (here, here and here) of people saying that they wished that they had more motivation to work out and stay healthy so I thought I would share some tips of how I stay motivated!

In the past I've really struggled with my body image and with food issues, but about a year ago I decided that I need to be healthier, mentally and physically. I started going to the gym more often with my sister, at first I was just doing cardio because I didn't know anything else. As I got more into my fitness journey I did more research and with my sisters help (she started doing more at Uni) I started doing more weights and now my workout consists of mainly weights.
I find exercise a really good stress release.

The main source of my motivation comes from tumblr, there's a whole lovely fitness community on there who you can talk to, ask advice and who can help you stay motivated!


source 
source


I've also created a fitness planner where I keep note of everything I've eaten and drunk each day, what workouts I have done and how I'm feeling. On some of the pages I have created motivational pages:


First motivational page done 😊💪Next two motivational pages done!



















Something else I use for motivation is Pinterest, there are so many great pictures, tips and recipes on there which are great!

I've found that having a motivational background on my phone has helped because it's something that I look at all the time and its just that extra reminder that I need. My current one says 'I may not be the strongest, I may not be the fastest but I'll be darned if I'm not trying my hardest'. The picture I found on tumblr.


  • The more that you work out, the more that it becomes a habit and then the more that you enjoy it.
  • Don't focus on your weight because it really doesn't mean much and muscle is denser than fat meaning that you could be getting leaner but could be actually heavier.
  • Get a workout buddy! Then you can motivate each other and encourage each other not to skip a workout.
  • Don't get too stressed out if you do miss a workout, it's not huge problem and won't affect your progress!
  • Buy new workout gear! I find this always helps because I can not wait to wear it!
  • Don't make it a short term fix, make it a lifestyle change.
  • Make sure you're doing something you enjoy and have things that make it more enjoyable e.g. a great workout playlist.
  • Don't use other people's bodies as you're only motivation/goals, you will never look like them but you can look like a better version of you!
  • Do this for yourself, not for anyone else.
source
For now, thank you and goodbye,
Emily
xx



6 comments:

  1. I agree so much since september I have been incredibly healthy and I go to the gym 3-5 times a week and go running a lot. I also I don't eat chocolate or crisps or any junk. I love this post and I completely agree with what you said about not comparing yourself to others because when you do that you become sad and that is more unhealthy than any food or fitness level.

    http://anotherteenontheweb.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Well done, proud of you!
      Thank you :)
      Yeah that is very true, its hard but everyone has to stop comparing themselves to others!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete
  2. I completely agree!

    www.thecameragirlcaroline.blogspot.no

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are all really great ideas! Somedays I have absolutely no motivation to get up and go workout but it helps to think about staying in shape for summer and spring break! Great post :)

    xx
    Kendra | It's a Bug's Life

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, always thinking of your goal is a great way to find motivation, whats more important, your dream or your excuse? Unless your excuse is something valid like an injury or illness of course haha
      Thanks!
      Emily
      xx

      Delete